Saturday, March 25, 2017

Custom Iron-On Designs

I've had an idea for doing an iron-on project since I saw this shirt at the mall.
 

My dachshund's name is Friday--named after the Cary Grant film His Girl Friday, not the day of the week--and I somehow resisted buying this.  I still regret it to this day!

So, Pockets and I got together to do some iron-on crafts.

I wanted nice, big letters like in the original shirt, but couldn't find any that looked decent.  I wound up with tiny letters.  Also, I wanted to have a dachshund on the shirt.  Of course, no dachshund iron-on patches.  Ugh.

Finally, I decided to make my own dachshund patch.  I bought one of the iron-on sheets, which are amazing for custom work!  I found a picture of a long-haired dachshund and drew it onto the back of the sheet.  (I went with a chevron design because it was the cutest they had available.... The selection was not that great.)


Next, I played with the layout.






I finally settled on this one.


Then I used the left over sheet to cut out two hearts for the sleeves.




~Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment