Saturday, January 10, 2015

Prinny Fleece Hat

I get to accompany my 6th graders to camp next week.  And because it'll be chilly for us, I offered to help the kids in class make personalized fleece hats for the trip.  A friend donated a ton of fleece to me, and I was so happy to put it to good use!

So, during lunch recess for the past two months or so, I've been helping the kids sew and design their hats.  They were very creative with their designs, too!  They chose everything from dogs, sheep, tigers, and cats, to Ninja Turtles, Dragon Ball Z, Legend of Zelda, and  Frozen.

And I finally finished my own hat for camp!  I decided to make a Prinny!

prinny_can_i_really_be_the_hero_concepta

Prinny: A reincarnation of a human soul in Hell (the Netherworld) or Heaven (Celestia).  The Prinnies need to earning money to pay off their debts, their sins, before being reborn as humans again.

It's a character from the game Disgaea, a really awesome RPG for the Playstation 2--which was also re-released on the PSP and the Nintendo DS--and two games called "Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?" and "Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood!" for PSP.  (Though I hear that the Prinny shows up in all of Nippon Ichi games.)

The Prinnies are so pathetically cute!  When I got my new car in September, I named him Prinny, and I have a decal of the dancing Prinny on the back.  :D

Anyway, for my hat, I picked a dark blue, then glued on white eyes with black pupils and a yellow beak.

B2623EEF-6BD3-4020-8996-4BA84D62B1A5_zps

For extra depth I wanted to include their demon wings on the back.  I used my adhesive fabric to make them a bit more stiff.

A21D8D79-9E60-4C92-AA19-8582A6A81BCF_zps


I absolutely love it!  This picture is horrible, and doesn't do its cuteness justice!

E073F8F2-79D0-498C-833B-F729AAE398E4_zps 


~Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment