Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sailor Moon Crescent Wand

In January, I was so excited to hear that the Sailor Moon R Movie was being released in theaters.  A friend and I bought tickets to see the Japanese subtitled version.

I wore my Sailor Moon casual cosplay outfit, but I wanted more accessories to go with it.  I must have gotten ride of my original Moon Rod (why did I do that!?!) so I decided to try my hand at crafting one of clay.

I started with a metal skewer which I covered in aluminum foil.


Next, I made a crescent shape,


And a ball for the Imperium Silver Crystal.


I forced the skewer through the crescent,


Then impaled the crystal atop.


I covered the stick with pink clay.


Then I began to cover the crescent with yellow.  I ran out of yellow, so I filled the rest in with white.


I cooked it according to package directions.


Finally, I painted it all and added lines to the Silver Crystal.


It turned out hideous!  But I completed it in an afternoon and had it ready for the movie that night.  So, I was pretty pleased!  More clay would have solved my problems.  Now I know for next time.


~Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment